Hello Friends! Every week I select 10 positions ranging from easy to difficult across various themes like tactics, strategy, endgame, defence, etc. for you guys to solve and enjoy. Today I have selected 10 puzzles from the Fagernes GM Open - a very strong event with several IM and GM's held in the town of Fagernes, Norway.
Big congratulations to GM Krishnan Sasikiran on winning the event with 7/9!! Check out the Full standings here.
If you want to improve your endgame and positional play, enroll in this completely FREE Video course I created on the God of Rook Endgames, Grandmaster Akiba Rubinstein! Here's the link to enroll in the course: Video Course on GM Akiba Rubinstein
Do subscribe to my newsletter if you wish to get notified whenever I write a blog post or publish exercises for the week. Here is the link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala
Here are this week's 10 exercises for you -
1.White just played e3- Black to play, find the best continuation.
2. Black just played ...b3- why is this a mistake? White to play.
3. White to play, how to take advantage of the weakened Black king?
4. Black to play, find the best continuation.
5. White just played Qe1- why is this a mistake? Black to play.
6. White to play, how to continue?
7. White to play, find the best continuation.
8. Black just played ...g6. White to play, find the best continuation.
9. White to play, find the winning continuation.
10. White to play, what's the winning plan?
I hope you enjoyed solving these exercises. See you again in another blog post and don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter :)
Link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala
Link to my website - Home | Chess Pathshala