Hello Friends! Every week I select 10 positions ranging from easy to difficult across various themes like tactics, strategy, endgame, defence, etc. for you guys to solve and enjoy. Today I have selected 10 positions from the FIDE Grand Prix Leg 1, which was held in Berlin. Grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura won the event!
If you want to improve your endgame and positional play, enroll in this completely FREE Video course I created on the God of Rook Endgames, Grandmaster Akiba Rubinstein! Here's the link to enroll in the course: Video Course Link
Do subscribe to my newsletter if you wish to get notified whenever I write a blog post or publish exercises for the week. Here is the link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala Here are this week's 10 exercises for you -
Find the move that forced Vincent to resign in this position. White to play:
2. Black just captured our Pawn on g5. Can you find the best move for White?
3. White's Knight is under attack. Where will you move the Knight?
4. White to play, find the best continuation.
5. Black's Pawn structure is ruined and on top of that White's Pieces are active. Can you find a way for Black to create counterplay?
6. Black's Pawn structure is ruined and on top of that White's Pieces are active. Can you find a way for Black to create counterplay?
7. White just offered a trade of Queens. Find the best way for Black to continue.
8. The position looks complex, can you find the best move for White?
9. What is the best way for Black to continue?
10. White to play, find the best continuation.
Bonus Exercise- Find the best way for Black to continue.
I hope you enjoyed solving these exercises. See you again in another blog post and don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter!
Link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala
Link to my website - Home | Chess Pathshala