Hello Friends! Every week I select 10 positions ranging from easy to difficult across various themes like tactics, strategy, endgame, defence, etc. for you guys to solve and enjoy. Today I have selected 10 positions from the Indian National Senior Championship. The Tournament was won by none other than GM Arjun Erigaisi, scoring 8.5/11! GMs D Gukesh and Iniyan P came in 2nd and 3rd positions respectively, while the women's event was won by WGM Divya Deshmukh.
If you want to improve your endgame and positional play, enroll in this completely FREE Video course I created on the God of Rook Endgames, Grandmaster Akiba Rubinstein! Here's the link to enroll in the course: Akiba Rubinstein Video Course
Do subscribe to my newsletter if you wish to get notified whenever I write a blog post or publish exercises for the week. Here is the link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala
Here are this week's 10 exercises for you -
1. Find the best move for Black.
2. The White Pieces are missing Black's beautiful coordination. In fact, Black has a strong idea here. Find the best move for Black.
3. Find the best move for White.
4. Find the best move for White.
5. Black just played c6-c5. How should you respond?
6. Black seems to be holding his fortress despite being a Pawn down. Find a plan to dismantle his fortress.
7. Can you find the best plan for White?
8. Find the best move for Black.
9. Black to play, find the best move.
10. The knight on e5 seems under trouble. Find the best defensive idea for Black.
I hope you enjoyed solving these exercises. See you again in another blog post and don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter :)