Hello Friends! Every week I select 10 positions ranging from easy to difficult across various themes like tactics, strategy, endgame, defence, etc. for you guys to solve and enjoy. Today I have selected 10 puzzles from the ongoing Reykjavik Open- one of the biggest open chess events around the world! After 5 rounds, Polish GM Jarmula Lukasz is in sole lead with 4.5 points.
If you want to improve your endgame and positional play, enroll in this completely FREE Video course I created on the God of Rook Endgames, Grandmaster Akiba Rubinstein! Here's the link to enroll in the course: Video Course on GM Akiba Rubinstein
Do subscribe to my newsletter if you wish to get notified whenever I write a blog post or publish exercises for the week. Here is the link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala
Here are this week's 10 exercises for you -
1. Black just played ...c5- why is that a mistake? White to play.
2. Black to play, find the best continuation.
3. . Black has their position in shambles- White to play, what's the Quickest way to win?
4. White has 2 queens, Black has a big attack. Black to play and win.
5. Black to play, find the best continuation.
6. White to play, find the best continuation.
7. Black to play, find the right plan.
8. White just played h4- why is this a fatal mistake? Black to play.
9. Black to play, find the best continuation.
10. White to play, how to win this position?
I hope you enjoyed solving these exercises. See you again in another blog post and don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter :)
Link to the newsletter - Newsletter | Chess Pathshala
Link to my website - Home | Chess Pathshala